Congratulations, Samara Florexil!
Pamala A.Brooks Scholarship in Early Childhood Education Recipient…..
Samara is currently studying at Kean University majoring in Early Childhood Education and Sociology. She is a part of Kappa Delta Pi Honor Society in Education and loves to volunteer – especially for the kids. Her teaching philosophy is to help students understand that their identity and background makes a difference in how they learn and experience the world around them. Samara would like to teach in an urban area to give back to the communities from her childhood. She currently holds a Substitute Certification in New Jersey and speaks Creole & French. Samara looks forward to a May 2018 graduation.
Join us for our 2017 NJAEYC Conference!
Please join the New Jersey Association for the Education of Young Children – NJAEYC for the Annual State Conference at the DoubleTree Hotel in Somerset on October 20-21, 2017.
Friday, October 20, 2017 – Leadership conference for early childhood directors and community stakeholders, featuring more detailed, in-depth workshops and discussions.
Saturday, October 21, 2017 – Professional Development conference for all early childhood professionals working with young children.
Saturday Keynote – Rachel Sperry, MSW, Early Childhood Mental Health Specialist and National Trainer, for the Devereux Center for Resilient Children.
- New workshops and featured presentations
- Networking opportunities with other Early Childhood Professionals
- Exhibits and door prizes and much more…
We hope that you enjoyed the 2016 NJAEYC Conference! Below are presenter handouts organized by workshop title.
- Getting to Know Boys
Presenters: Darlene Schultz and Dwayne Baker, Jr.
- Get Over Your SMP (social media phobia)
Presenter: Cynthia Terebush
- I’m So Bored- Helping Children and Teachers Rediscover the Joy of Play
Presenter: Moya Fewson
- It’s More Than Just Management: Reflection Supervision
Presenter: Angie DeFazio
- Piaget- What is He Talking About?
Presenter: Moya Fewson
- Sensory Strategies in the Classroom
Presenter: Eleanor Campbell
- Transition Techniques- How to Access the Power of Transitions to Refocus, Instruct an Engage Your Students
Presenter: Monica Levy
October 14-15, 2016:
Attention all early childhood professionals! This page will provide you with the most up to date information and forms for the 2016 NJAEYC State Conference.
Location: Harrah’s Conference Center, Atlantic City, NJ